Sunday, March 11, 2007

 

Living in Texas - Italia Live Eighty-Five

Chainsaw International (Latex 5) / 1985 - A live but well recorded smattering of guitar oriented post punk. The influences are more punk and goth, but this one isn't too bad. The vocals are only o.k. to me, as the guitar work stands out as the better part of the band. I'd like to hear what they sounded like on a studio recording. This one's raw feel does seem like it would be a great live show to see in a smoky bar in Hoboken or Amsterdam whilst downing some warmish beers.

I could only find this LP for sale on gemm, at about $25 for two different copies. There is no listing about them on trouser press, all music guide, or ebay at this time. solid viper and craig moerer were also strike outs on this one.

The cover art is bright and red. It reminds you of a psychobilly record, or something the 13th Floor Elevators might release. The printing looks like a Get Hip Recording as well, and this one is in fact distributed by Red Rhino / The Cartel. I don't really like it all that much, but I wish I could find more information about it.

My copy is unpriced, again from the Brooklyn load. I figure its worth about $10-15. Overall grade is C+/live recordings don't cut it for me, and even though some would find this record engaging and exciting, for me the live bit is a drag on wax.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?