Sunday, March 11, 2007

 

Craig Peyton Project - Electric Vibes

Sutra Records SUS 1009 (Promo) / 1981 - A moderately intersting weather channel listener. Reminiscent of Peter White, Mannheim Steamroller, Acoustic Alchemy. Craig Peyton plays the Electric Vibes and Piano here, very well. The sound is light and frothy, and only barely touches on fusion for a piece from 1981. I wasn't expecting much when I picked this one up, stickered at $3, but I got what I deserved noting the feather haired Mork from Ork look that Peyton sports. This one is O/S at Craig Moerer's, but one seller on ebay had it for B.I.N. $8 (buy-it-now).

Nice jazz piece if you aren't looking for much in the way of a challenging listen, but otherwise, this one is tame and only offers its interest in the world flavor that includes vibes that sound like steel drums, reeds and flutes.

Overall grade is C+/can't really knock it for what it is. Nice graphic cover art, just not that exciting of a listen for me.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?