Saturday, March 10, 2007

 

The Bounce - Things That Go Bounce In The Night!

Rebound Records (Catch) 22 / 1981 - An interesting NYC recording by this new wave band. The keyboards are prominent, in a Sugarloaf kind of way. The lead singer is Barbara Hahn, and her monotone shrill grows on you after a few songs. She reminds me of Patty Smyth doing 'goodbye to you'. The band is from South Plainfield, NJ and includes the brother Matty on keyboards. The songs are pretty pedestrian, but pleasing and catchy all the same. With a better singer, they might have grabbed a video or some airplay. the song 'no choice' is the best cut on the six song LP.

I don't know the price or where I got this one, but probably the Brooklyn load considering the band's origin. My overall grade is B-/not really worth seeking out unless you need to fulfill some obsessive need to have it all from the 80's. It looks like a dollar record. Craig Moerer has it for $10 right now, but ebay was fruitless (once again).

This one is sticking with me until I tape the one good song, and then 'pfffft', off to Neverland.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?