Sunday, February 11, 2007

 

The Photos - There's Always Work 12"

A&M SP 12072 / 1983 - This simple looking twelver is nice enough new wave, if not late and predictable. With a hint of reggae backsplashed, a common and repetitive beat, simplified lyrics, and a modernistic art cover, you have it all without having anything.

Produced by Colin Thurston, this is a DJ copy, as I don't think it was ever released. AMG doesn't recognize the band on its website, but there is a Photos from 1980 on Columbia, unless this is them after they were dropped and switched labels, but my gut says no. I found this single on the net for about $7-$15. I got my copy for $2 at Zerns in Gilbertsville. The record store there is tiny and limited, but the owner was genuinely interested in helping. It is the only piece I bought that day, about two weeks ago. Overall grade C+/common and decent, listenable and forgettable single. Perfect for a comprehensive new wave collector, but not for those looking for the "creamy" stuff only.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?