Friday, February 02, 2007

 

Michael Clark - Save the Night

Capitol 11982 / 1979 - The cover and date start the problem. Starry neon mulleted logo of Michael Clark. The back shows thickly mustached and hairy chested Clark and lover in naked embrace. Songs include the words Love, Heart, Night, Fire, Midnight, Breath, and other things that should have told me steer clear. I did not. I will learn, someday.

Avoid this record, even for a buck. If you like schwag, John Parr, Corey Hart, Peter Cetera, and the other sad sacks of this variety, then by all means, contact me and buy my copy. there were a few moments of guitar movement that promised a chance at a song of value, but then it dissipated like vapor as the lyrics overflowed with schmaltz, causing a general sickness.

My copy was picked up somewhere, thoughtlessly, and will be returned to its rightful place in the dollar bins for someone else to pluck it and think 'Hmmm, looks like it might be good'. Overall grade D/just plain lousy, but guitar playing earns him some saving grace. On second thought....

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?