Wednesday, January 31, 2007

 

Fraser & Debolt with Ian Guenther - S/T

Columbia c30381 / 1971 - The trouble with a record like this for me is timing. I can tell that the style of this record shows talent on many levels, from songwriting to singing to musicianship, but I just am not into folk right now, or at least I won't give the required effort to find the goodness among the ramshackle folk tunes that fill this LP. As I mentioned in the previous posting about Emigre, Ian Guenther appears on this LP and offers his fiddle expertise. I just don't care for the style enough to play this one again right now, and I don't know if I ever will. I did enjoy the track 'don't let me down', but the rest was a bit too over-the-top psychedelic folk for me.

Cover art shows Fraser in a cowboy hat and silver cuffed collar while deBolt wears a hippie dress, and damn if she doesn't look just like Michelle, or at least her eyes and smile.

My price was 4- a few years ago, and side one has a visible scratch through three songs. I see on ebay that it sells for 25- or so, and solid viper has a set sale at 45- for this one. overall grade for me is C+/not enough to draw me back, at least not now.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?