Monday, July 10, 2006

 

45's on the Move

Yesterday I picked up the second 45 load from Brooklyn. This was the remaining pop/rock/punk titles and included fifty filled single boxes plus six boxes of LPs. The price was pre-determined and fair. The records are varied, but stay within the range of 1975-1985. I grabbed a few pieces and made Brooklyn mix #9 which included Human Switchboard, Meteors, Metros, mekons, Medium Medium, Marquis de Sade, Slickee Boys, Margaret Thatcher & Supply Side, Maneaters, and more. I have to mix it down yet and get it burned to cd.

My contact in Brooklyn has another 25,000 or more 45's yet, and most of those are either Teen/Pop/Punk/DooWop/or Psych. I took a quick look at the Psych 45's and even though he said i hadn't hit a good vein of them, they looked pretty good to me, as we flipped through the "i" section and i saw 15 names in a row that i had never heard of, or at least they didn't register for me.

I will start to prepare for another load, possibly in September or October. I had a great Pastrami/Corned Beef sandwich on the ride home at Harolds' NY Deli.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?